What Does Beard Balm Do?
Growing and maintaining a beard can be a challenging but rewarding experience. And if you’re looking for a way to take your grooming routine to the next level, consider adding beard balm as one of the essential beard products.
Beard balm is a versatile product that can do wonders for your facial hair and the skin beneath it. But what does beard balm do for your beard, and what benefits does it offer? This article will explore its ingredients, how beard balm works, and why you should consider adding it to your grooming routine. So, read ahead and learn everything you need about beard balms.
What does Beard Balm do for your beard?
Beard balm is a beard product that offers numerous benefits to men’s facial hair and skin. But what is beard balm supposed to do exactly? Not only does beard balm condition and nourish the hair and beard healthy enough, but it also helps with styling and shaping beard hairs, improves skin health, and enhances the overall appearance of the beard while promoting healthy beard growth.
What is Beard Balm Use For
So a question arises, what is beard balm for? Beard balm is a product that serves both practical and aesthetic purposes. It is beneficial for most men with any length of facial hair. Beard balm has been created to make facial hair look smoother and healthier.
By coating the beard hairs, the beard balm makes them feel soft and smooth to the touch, and it also works to lock in moisture, ultimately providing better hydration and softer hair.
What is Beard Balm Good for/Benefits of Beard Balm
Beard balm is a product that can do wonders for your facial hair. It combines natural ingredients like wax, natural butter and essential oils that work together to style your beard and make it healthy. Here are some of the beard balm benefits:
- Moisturize and condition facial hair and skin underneath
- Prevents dryness and flakiness
- It provides a protective barrier for the skin and hair
- It helps to style and shape the beard and soften beard hair
- Reduces beard itch, beard dandruff and irritation
- Enhances the natural shine and luster of the beard
- Help prevents split ends
- It can help to tame unruly hairs
- Some beard balms contain natural ingredients with antibacterial and antifungal properties
- It adds a pleasant scent to the beard.
- Promotes beard growth
How does Beard Balm work?
Beard balm works by hydrating the facial hair using a blend of ingredients. This creates a protective layer on the beard hairs and skin, preventing dryness and breakage, which promotes healthy hair growth. Let us have a look at the beard balm ingredients in a little more detail:
Beeswax gives the balm its hold and provides a protective layer against dry skin while helping to prevent damage.
Cocoa & Shea butter
Cocoa and shea butter are powerful moisturizers that add moisture and reduce dryness and flakiness in the hair shaft and skin beneath your beard.
Carrier oils like Jojoba, argan, and coconut oils are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which nourish and strengthen the hair follicles and skin underneath the beard.
Some popular essential oils in oil and beard balm include cedarwood oil, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil. These essential oils have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soften, soothe and protect the skin.
How to Choose the Right Beard Balms
Choosing the right beard balm can be overwhelming, especially with many options. Consider these factors when selecting the beard balm for your needs:
Facial Hair Type
The texture and length of your beard hair can significantly determine your desired type. If you have thick and coarse hair, you may want a balm with a thicker texture and heavier beeswax content to help shape and hold flyaways. If you have finer hair, a lighter balm may be more suitable.
If you have dry skin, look for balms that contain moisturizing ingredients and oils such as shea butter, cocoa butter, or coconut oil. If you have oily skin, choose a balm with lighter oils, such as jojoba oil or grapeseed oil.
Beard balms come in various fragrances, from citrus and mint to sandalwood and cedar. Choose a scent that appeals to you and complements your style.
Look for balms made with natural ingredients and avoid products that contain harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances. Be sure to read the labels and understand the ingredients in the balm before purchasing.
Does beard balm help growth?
Now that you know what beard balm does, it’s time to try it out for yourself! Check out our top best beard balm recommendations according to our preference for beard balms below.
- Beardbrand Tree Ranger Beard Balm – Even though it is pricier. It provides a light hold and refreshing scent of pine and eucalyptus. It also includes mango butter that moisturizes without being too heavy on the skin.
- Honest Amish Original Beard Balm – The oils in the balm, such as lavender oil, star anise oil, avocado oil and olive oil, help make it a classic and highly-rated choice for softening and conditioning beards. It works best for itchy beards.
- Bulldog Original Beard Balm – Moisturizes and softens facial hair. It also has a refreshing fragrance and provides a light hold for shaping and styling long beards.
- Cremo Beard Balm – Hydrates and softens beards without feeling heavy or greasy, with a subtle scent of vanilla and amber. It also helps give the appearance of a shiny beard.
- King C. Gillette Soft Beard Balm – For the price range, it is a good quality beard balm that softens and styles beards with a light hold feature. It has a fresh, masculine scent.
How Do You Use Beard Balm
After learning what is beard balm, the next step is learning how to apply beard oil and balm properly, which is essential to achieve a great-looking beard. Here’s how to do it:
- Start with a clean and dry beard. Wash your beard thoroughly and pat it dry before applying.
- Scoop out a small amount of balm with your fingertip and add more as needed.
- Mix the balm between your palms to warm it and melt any wax.
- Apply beard balm evenly to your beard using your hands. Apply beard balm at the base of your beard and work it outwards, covering all the hairs and the skin underneath.
- Use a beard comb to distribute the balm evenly throughout your beard, ensuring that every hair is coated.
- Style your beard as desired using a comb or your fingers.
Common mistakes when applying beard oil and balm include:
- Using too much product.
- Applying to a damp beard.
- Neglecting to evenly distribute the balm.
Conclusion: What does a beard balm do?
In conclusion, beard balm is one of the essential products to have in your beard grooming routine. Using beard balm offers numerous benefits for your beard’s health and appearance. It moisturizes and nourishes the hair and skin, helps with styling and shaping, and improves overall appearance.
By choosing the right beard balm and learning how to properly apply beard balm, you can achieve a well-groomed, healthy beard that looks and feels great. If you have yet to try beard balm, we highly encourage you to use beard balm and experience the benefits for yourself.