How to darken your beard without dye?
For men, having facial hair is no shame but a symbol of masculinity for centuries. The darkened facial hair or beard, in particular, has often been considered an epitome of manliness. There is no exact timeline for when facial hair becomes common in men, but the question ‘how to darken your beard without dye’ has intrigued the mind for ages.
Unlocking the Secrets to Dark, Full-Looking Beard
The trend to keep facial hair has remained noticeable in men in every culture, every period, and every part of the world. Some maintain beards for religious fulfilment, some consider them a must-have feature of manhood, some maintain them just to follow a fashion trend, and some are lazy enough to avoid shaving.
“The beard signifies the courageous; the beard distinguishes the grown men, the earnest, the active, the vigorous. So that when we describe such, we say, he is a bearded man.” – Saint Augustine
How to darken your beard without dye?
No matter your reason for growing a beard, if you are on it, we advise you to use natural dyes to colour the beard. Relying on harsh chemicals leads to quick results but damages delicate hair fibres.
Moreover, using natural ingredients for a darker and fuller beard ensures that the grey hair stays at bay until it is aged. There is no shame in having grey hair, but for aesthetics, it is essential to keep it trimmed and coloured to some extent. You don’t have a pitch-black dark beard, but its appearance should be uniform.
How to grow a fuller beard without patches? Point of concern for Men!
Bearded men all over the world prefer to have naturally dark facial hair that looks healthy and covered evenly in symmetry without bald patches. There are many ways to darken your hair, such as investing in chemical Beard darkening sprays, shampoos, creams, etc.
However, using chemical products is harmful and may cause damage to the skin and hair. It is, therefore, always advised to go for natural remedies to dye hair rather than using Beard Darkening Shampoo.
In this article, we have focused on revealing secrets to maintaining a darker beard naturally to help our curious readers. So, are you ready to know how to make your beard darker without dye? Let’s dig in.
How to make your beard darker naturally? 5 Amazing Beard Dye Tips
Darken beard with Coffee
Dark roast coffee is one of the best natural solutions to gradually darken the beard. The tannins of coffee act as natural dying agents to dye your beard, giving it a shiny look. Here is the recipe for Coffee diy beard dye:
- Brew a cup of dark Coffee or espresso.
- Mix 2Tsps conditioner and 2Tsps of grounded Coffee into the cooled-down mixture. Wear gloves before application.
- Apply to damp beard, cover it thoroughly, and wait for about an hour
- Rinse your beard with cold water without shampoo until it clears.
Darken your beard with Black Tea.
If you are looking for milder results, black Tea is the best pick among natural beard dyes. Similar to coffee, the tannins of black tea bring colour to the hair, making it naturally darker. Here is the recipe for making a DIY black tea dye:
- Brew a cup of black Tea
- Let it cool down, and then mix your favourite shampoo
- Massage your beard with the mixture and leave it for an hour
- Rinse it with cold water
Darken your beard with Black Sesame Seeds.
It is a widespread technique widely used to make natural beard dyes in India for centuries. Here is how to use black sesame seed dye;
- Soak a handful of sesame seeds in a bowl full of water.
- Once it has softened, use a food processor to make a smooth paste
- Massage the mixture on your beard and leave it there for an hour till it dries
- Rinse with warm water
Darken Your Beard with Sage Dye
Sage is another no-chemical beard dye that hides the grey hair fibres from the beard. Here is how to use sage leaves for gradually darkening beard dye.
- Add a cup of dried sage leaves to one litre of boiled water.
- Apply the mixture to the beard. Leave it for 30 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
Darken your beard with Cocoa powder
Cocoa paste is considered a great way to dye beard hair naturally.
- Add water to half a cup of cocoa powder. Develop into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste throughout your beard.
- To get a darker color, leave it for more than an hour. Adjust the time if you want to achieve slightly lighter shades.
Darken your Beard with Lemon
It is a centuries-old technique that takes time to show results compared to the above-shared mixtures. It is a temporary solution and best to achieve shades lighter than darker. Here is the recipe for Lemon beard dye.
- Mix the juice of two lemons with water
- Spray it on the slightly damp beard
- Rinse after it has dried completely
So, have you found the answer to how to dye beard naturally? We are sure that these tips are good enough to cover your whiskers. The natural remedies are good for hair and work tremendously to overcome skin allergies, cover darkening beard stubble, soothe irritations, and so on. But it is also true that every human has different skin, body, and hair that requires a tailored solution. For instance, these remedies work well on black and brown hair, but dying blonde beard hair requires extra effort. Let’s dig in.
Home remedies to darken blonde beard hair with astonishing results!
Henna Natural Beard Dye
Henna is a natural plant-based natural colour that adds reddish-brown hues to your light blonde beard. Mix the henna powder with water to create a paste. When added to water, it becomes like a thick Beard Darkening Cream. Apply to the whole beard and leave it on for a few hours. Take a warm shower to rinse the hair well.
Chamomile Tea Beard Dye
Chamomile tea adds golden tones to the blonde beard colour and dyes hair naturally. Steep a few chamomile tea bags in hot water and wait till it cools down. Apply the Tea to the beard and leave it for at least an hour. Rinse it with cold water afterwards.
Walnut Hulls Beard Dye
Get a bunch of black walnuts and crush the hulls. Add the hulls to hot water to make a thick paste. Rinse it off with cold water after a few hours. Gently pat the skin dry after a good beard wash. Black walnuts are considered one of the best natural dyes to dye facial hair. Make sure to wear gloves to avoid a sore thumb.
Invest in 3 products to grow a healthy beard
Invest in the best beard darkening oil to improve the texture and make your beard grow. There are many oils available in the market suitable for hair follicles. You can also use olive or coconut oil for facial hair growth.
Buy darkening beard balm made with natural ingredients to achieve dark hair. Instead of chemical oxidation, use balm and be ready to see how quickly your beard grows.
You can also use specially formulated pencils as a beard filler.
Homemade Dyes Vs. Store-brought Dyes to darken facial hair.
Compared to store-bought dyes, homemade natural dyes are a better choice for growing healthy and dark grey hair or beard. Made with natural ingredients, homemade dyes are harmless to the skin, show immediate results, and are also budget-friendly. Moreover, you don’t really need to go to salons or grooming centres, use ingredients available at home and have darker beards.
Incorporate 5 Lifestyle Changes for a healthy beard hair
Just like weight lifting is important for the body to maintain shape, following healthy habits is also important to work on the aesthetics of your facial hair.
- Patience: It requires patience and dedication to grow a full beard. The hair follicles take time to develop (weeks to months) till they become equal in length.
- Eat Clean: Eating a balanced diet rich in essential proteins, vitamins, minerals, and other healthy components is important to stimulate hair growth.
- Beard Darkening Oil: Investing in high-quality beard oil is an excellent way to keep your beard healthy and looking full. These oils carry essential and supplementary elements that prevent dryness and a patchy beard.
- Brush your beard regularly: Brushing your beard regularly ensures the natural oils are distributed evenly and promotes blood circulation throughout the hair follicles.
- Trim your beard: Regular trimming reduces the split ends and prevents breakage, which makes the beard look wispy and uneven dry facial hair. Regular trimming is the best answer to How to darken a beard.
Note for Beginners!
For beginners, we would encourage you to patch-test the dye to rule out allergies. Have you found these tips helpful in darkening a blonde beard? You could also look into the market for a natural beard oil that darkens beards or creams developed using natural ingredients.
But first, we would love to have your feedback here [insert link] to let us know if you have tried these tips.